Part-time Security Officer
Monday October 7
Saint Meinrad Archabbey is seeking a part-time, hourly Security Officer. The schedule is typically two nights (16 hours) per week. Shifts are eight hours in length (11 p.m. - 7 a.m.). Some weekend and holiday work will be required.
This is an ideal position for someone wanting to work only a couple nights per week.
The work environment is a very friendly and hospitable atmosphere.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Patrol on foot and in the security vehicle
- Fill Abbey vehicles with gas, check oil and fluids
- Shall assist with snow and ice removal and applying ice melt at assigned locations
- Will assist in emergency situations with clean-up and debris removal
- Check power house and other mechanical equipment rooms
- Will be available to offer assistance to guests, students, monks, and other co-workers
- Issue parking citations
- Respond to calls for help and First Alert calls (fire alarms and mechanical failures)
- Keep daily log of activity and problems encountered
- Lock and/or unlock areas per request
- Provide fire extinguisher checks and safety information as required by the Director of Safety and Security
Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to work independently
- Reading, report writing, driving, and communication through cell phone, email and paging equipment or personal contact
- Ability to handle difficult people with prudence, confront suspected criminal activity with discretion
- Walks an average of 3-4 miles per shift
- Ability to remember and express details (written and/or orally)
- Able to make decisions independently with little or no direction
Applications may be completed online or in the Human Resources Department, just south of the Archabbey Gift Shop (M-F 7 a.m.-3 p.m.). Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 812-357-8262. Mailing address: Saint Meinrad Archabbey, Human Resources Dept., 200 Hill Drive, St. Meinrad, IN 47577.
We are now accepting applications online. Fill out your application or download a PDF version and mail it to us.