Director of Human Resources
Friday June 26
Saint Meinrad Archabbey is seeking candidates for the position of Director of Human Resources (HR). The Director of HR is a leader with a focus on fulfilling the mission and vision of the Archabbey and creating a work culture where co-workers are supported to do their very best work. This individual will ensure legal compliance, efficiency, and best practices for the culture of the Archabbey in all HR functions. The Director of HR serves as a role model for professional and ethical behavior through his/her HR competence, co-worker advocacy, and support of the Benedictine community.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively manage HR staff.
- Continuously assess and improve HR processes and services to ensure ongoing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create and operate within annual HR budget.
- Identify and implement HR technology solutions that improve operational efficiency.
- Serve as a contributing member of the Administrative Cabinet.
Recruitment and Selection
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies.
- Partner with managers to provide support in the hiring process.
- Ensure the recruitment and selection process complies with all applicable employment laws.
Compensation and Benefits
- Monitor compliance, internal equity, and external competitiveness of the compensation program.
- Oversee the salary administration process to ensure fairness and consistency in determining co-worker compensation.
- Administer and continually assess benefit programs.
- Supervise payroll procedures and processing; review processes regularly for efficiency.
Legal and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws.
- Manage unemployment claims process.
- Participate in conferences, educational opportunities, and professional organizations to continually update HR expertise.
- Review and revise co-worker handbook; ensure distribution of handbooks and annual updates.
- Maintain HR records in compliance with applicable laws.
- Maintain current job descriptions for all positions.
- Oversee an ongoing performance review process.
- Work with managers and co-workers to address workplace issues.
- Participate in institutional grievances as appropriate.
- Foster an open-door policy where co-workers are encouraged to share ideas and communicate concerns.
Training and Development
- Conduct an annual training needs analysis to identify knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) gaps that exist.
- Develop and implement a short- and long-term training plan for all co-workers to address legal and KSA topics.
- Conduct and manage training programs, including new co-worker orientation and ongoing training opportunities.
- Evaluate and measure results of training and development initiatives.
- Consistently source co-worker feedback.
- Develop and manage a co-worker recognition program.
- Lead the co-worker committee to plan and oversee co-worker and co-worker/family events
- Prepare HR newsletter and foster timely co-worker communication.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of six years of HR experience, with several years of HR management responsibility.
- HR professional certification is highly desired.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning and development, co-worker relations, training and development.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and coaching skills.
- Active affiliation with appropriate human resources networks and organizations.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Your cover letter and resume may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 812-357-8262. Mailing address: Saint Meinrad Archabbey, Human Resources Dept., 200 Hill Drive, St. Meinrad, IN 47577.
We are now accepting applications online. Fill out your application or download a PDF version and mail it to us.