Students receive ministry of acolyte at Saint Meinrad
Friday, February 19, 2021
Eighteen priesthood students from Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology, St. Meinrad, IN, received the ministry of acolyte on February 18, in the Seminary’s St. Thomas Aquinas Chapel. President-Rector Fr. Denis Robinson, OSB, installed the acolytes.
The seminarians receiving the ministry were:
- Joseph Austin, Neil Blatchford and Andrew Crabtree, Diocese of Knoxville, TN
- Fraternus Mujwahuki Fidelis, OSB, Hanga Abbey
- Christopher Grief, Diocese of Owensboro, KY
- Zachary Halloran, Andrew Williams and Thomas LaPointe, Archdiocese of Mobile, AL
- Tyler Huber, Jose Neri and Jack Wright, Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- Devereaux King, Archdiocese of Nassau, Bahamas
- Ha Van Nguyen, Hien Van Nguyen and Tuan Van Nguyen, Diocese of Thanh Hoa, Vietnam
- Deogratias Satu, OSB, Mvimwa Abbey
- Hung Tran, Archdiocese of Hanoi
- John Wilebski III, Diocese of Crookston, MN
An acolyte assists a deacon or priest, primarily in the celebration of Mass. He attends to the needs of the altar and may distribute Communion as an auxiliary minister. He also may be entrusted with the public veneration of the Blessed Sacrament, but does not give the Benediction, which is reserved for a priest or deacon.