Students receive ministry of lector
Friday, February 15, 2019
Thirteen priesthood students from Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology, St. Meinrad, IN, received the ministry of lector on February 14, in the Seminary’s St. Thomas Aquinas Chapel. Bishop Peter Libasci, of the Diocese of Manchester, installed the lectors.
The seminarians receiving the ministry were:
- Gregory S. Caldwell, Diocese of Burlington, VT
- Cristian Castro-Zuluaga, Diocese of Amarillo, TX
- Luke P. Friess, Diocese of Salina, KS
- Benjamin R. Horn, Diocese of Lexington, KY
- Dustin S. Hungerford and Conor H. Wellman, Archdiocese of Louisville, KY
- Mark S. Miller, Diocese of Crookston, MN
- Chukwunonso Chidera Ohanaka, Diocese of Nashville, TN
- Matthew R. Perronie, Archdiocese of Indianapolis
- Zachary D. Samples, Diocese of Springfield, IL
- Nathaniel Szidik, OSB, and Br. Kolbe Wolniakowski, OSB, Saint Meinrad Archabbey
- Roarke J. Traynor, Diocese of Manchester, NH
The ministry of lector is conferred upon those who prepare and proclaim readings from Scripture at Mass and other liturgical celebrations. A lector also may recite psalms between the readings and present the intentions for the general intercessions.