Retail Shops Customer Service Assistant
Thursday October 3
The Saint Meinrad Archabbey Gift Shop and Scholar Shop have an opening for a full-time customer service assistant. The customer service assistant provides high quality service to customers in a pleasant, responsible, and efficient manner. This person needs to be customer-focused, yet have an eye for detail, and good with numbers in order to be accurate in the work performed. Experience and knowledge of computers and money are preferred. Some weekend work is involved.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle the work and sales to customers in a pleasant, responsible and efficient manner to meet or exceed their needs, including greeting them when they arrive.
- Make sure cash registers are operational every morning.
- See that the store is opened and closed at designated store hours.
- Operate a computer cash register and credit card machine, applying discounts where applicable. Utilize POS software, Microsoft Word and Excel, and compose emails.
- Assist in checking in, pricing, stocking, and displaying merchandise.
- Have the knowledge to answer questions for customers pertaining to the Archabbey, local area, and items sold in the store.
- Order and stock Archabbey bakery items, snacks and supplies for the Gift Shop.
- Add bakery inventory to the computer when received, recording costs as needed.
- Assist in the cleanliness/appearance of the shops. Order cleaning supplies.
- Assist in pricing, stocking, and displaying merchandise.
- Assist in training new co-workers and cross-train on some duties performed by the associate director.
Experience & Qualifications
- High school education or equivalent
- Excellent customer service and hospitality skills, as well as basic understanding of computers
- Requires reading of materials to understand and apply content
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as numeric skills
- Must be creative in displaying merchandise and improving daily processes
Applications may be completed online or in the Human Resources Department, just south of the Archabbey Gift Shop (M-F 7 a.m.-3 p.m.). Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 812-357-8262. Mailing address: Saint Meinrad Archabbey, Human Resources Dept., 200 Hill Drive, St. Meinrad, IN 47577.
We are now accepting applications online. Fill out your application or download a PDF version and mail it to us.