Director of Alumni Relations
Monday September 21
The Development Office is seeking a skilled and motivated Director of Alumni Relations.
As a senior staff member reporting to the Vice President for Development, the Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for overseeing the planning, execution, and evaluation of activities and programs designed to address the needs of Saint Meinrad alumni and involve them in the life of Saint Meinrad. The Director is the principal liaison between Saint Meinrad and the 6,700+ member Alumni Association.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the chief alumni officer for Saint Meinrad, advising on policies and procedures to build alumni support and initiatives to involve alumni in assisting Saint Meinrad in achieving institutional goals.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and management of all alumni activities, including annual reunions/homecomings, Alumni Association Board meetings, regional dinners and other gatherings of alumni, and special projects.
- Develop programs and activities to strengthen the bond between Saint Meinrad and recent alumni from Saint Meinrad’s priesthood, graduate theology, and permanent deacon formation programs.
- Contact 10 to 15 alumni per month to encourage their involvement with Saint Meinrad, to seek their financial support, and/or to support them in their work and ministry.
- In consultation with the Alumni Association President, prepare the agenda and other materials and make arrangements for meetings of the Alumni Association Board of Directors. Support the Board President in his/her role.
- Maintain and oversee the alumni website and social media platform(s).
- Assist the Director of Annual Giving in organizing, coordinating, and evaluating the Alumni Annual Giving Program.
- Supervise the maintenance of alumni records and the official Alumni Directory. Provide for the updating of addresses and location of missing alumni.
- Serve as host for alumni activities.
- Assist in planning and, when requested, write stories, articles, and news releases for the alumni section of the On the Hill newsletter and the e-newsletter.
- Supervise and provide leadership to the Associate Director of Alumni Relations.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and training in the field of fund-raising, communication and/or ministry.
- Two to four years’ experience in alumni relations, management, development, or a related field.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, leadership, and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of various computer software programs (including Microsoft Outlook, Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, and Windows OS) is preferred.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret challenging texts; communicate persuasively the mission and values of Saint Meinrad, both in writing and orally; write and speak in a creative and persuasive manner; and lead others while also performing as a team player.
- Dedication and commitment to the long-term success of the Development Office and Saint Meinrad are key attributes.
A cover letter and resume (with references) may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Saint Meinrad Archabbey
Human Resources Department
200 Hill Drive
St. Meinrad, IN 47577
We are now accepting applications online. Fill out your application or download a PDF version and mail it to us.