Tuesday January 4
We are looking to add to our dedicated and professional housekeeping staff. Housekeepers would perform a variety of housekeeping duties including vacuuming, mopping, cleaning, dusting, and preparing guest rooms. Attention to detail and experience with customer assistance and service are required. The ideal candidate would be punctual, thorough but fast, and eager to learn. Typical hours are 6:00 am - 2:30 pm Central Time, Monday-Friday with some weekend work.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Required to carry a pager for timely response to a cleaning necessity and help with ever-changing environmental clean-up needs. Due to the campus-wide area of responsibility, full-time housekeepers will provide the cleaning leadership for part-time helpers.
- Using the reservation software to create and print daily housekeeping boards.
- Using the reservation software to daily mark all of the rooms clean.
- Clean all hallways, corridors, lobbies, entrances, courtyards, sidewalks, 3 dining rooms, elevators, stairways, windows, windowsills, doors.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Empty inside wastebaskets and recycling receptacles.
- Empty and clean outdoor ashtrays and trash receptacles. Transport to kitchen drive.
- Clean kitchen drive trash barrels quarterly.
- Restock linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Clean & check all HVAC vents.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Keep all equipment clean and in good working order.
- Polish door accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
- Remove debris and/or snow from entry ways. Spread ice melt and see that containers are replenished as needed
- Stock and replace light bulbs.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, pillows and bathroom items.
- Use washing machines when necessary; fold dried items.
- Place clean linens in assigned linen closets.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Request repair services (work order), paper, cardboard pick up.
- Deliver refrigerators, ironing boards, and rollaway beds to guests' rooms per request.
- Disinfect public restrooms and guest bathrooms.
- Hang draperies, dust window blinds, clean all glass,
- Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
- Report damage, theft, and found articles.
- Return dishes and other items left behind (offices, guest rooms, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.).
- Prepare rooms for meetings, media equipment, and furniture for social or business functions.
- Assist in cleaning infirmary (nursing home) rooms, belvedere (dining), and office.
- Politely help guests in any way needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to work independently and have an ability to relate well with others.
- Ability to operate housekeeping mechanical cleaning equipment (scrubbers, burnishers, shampooers, etc.).
- Required to have State of Indiana valid driver’s license
We are now accepting applications online. Fill out your application or download a PDF version and mail it to us.