Director of Annual Giving
Tuesday September 7
The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for the organization, planning and management of Saint Meinrad’s programs for inviting annual support from individuals, corporations, and foundations for the current program (annual operating) needs of Saint Meinrad. The Director oversees the recording and acknowledging of all gifts and grants.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote the continuous improvement of the following annual giving programs, manage their implementation, and evaluate their success:
- Quarterly Appeals for Friends of Saint Meinrad
- Alumni Annual Giving Program
- Memorial and Tribute Gifts
- Corporate Matching Gifts
- Develop, execute, and evaluate new initiatives for inviting support from Saint Meinrad’s co-workers, vendors, retreatants, visitors, and continuing education participants.
- Investigate, implement and analyze the results of donor acquisition mailings aimed at individuals and groups not among Saint Meinrad’s current constituencies.
- Design and carry out a comprehensive program for promoting membership in the Abbot Martin Marty Guild ($1,000+ donors). Coordinate all activities related to the Abbot Martin Marty Guild.
- Support the Associate Director of Annual Giving in efforts to strengthen and expand the Saint Meinrad Sunday Program.
- Cultivate and solicit potential and current members of the Abbot Martin Marty Guild through 10-15 personal contacts each month.
- Promote and monitor participation in the corporate matching gifts program.
- Assist the Associate Director of Annual Giving with Phonathon and Thankathon.
- Represent the Development Office and/or the Archabbey, Seminary and School of Theology at Regional Benefactor Dinners, Overseers’ meetings, alumni functions, and other special events.
- Oversee the Gift Recording and Acknowledgement process.
- Supervise the Associate Director of Annual Giving, Database Coordinator, Gift Recorder, Receptionist/Annual Giving Secretary and the Mailings Clerk.
- Participate in Directors’ meetings, Overseers’ Resource Development Committee, Development Team, Major Gift Development natural work group, and lead the South Wing natural work group.
- Perform other duties reasonably requested by the Vice President for Development.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and training in the field of fund raising
- 3-5 years of experience in development
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of various computer software programs (including Microsoft Outlook, Windows OS, and Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge).
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret challenging texts; communicate persuasively the mission and values of Saint Meinrad, both in writing and orally; write and speak in a creative and persuasive manner; analyze results of direct mail; use advanced mathematics in analysis and evaluation; and lead others while also performing as a team player.
- Must be able to hold information and matters regarding benefactors, volunteers, and others in strict confidence. Dedication and commitment to the long-term success of the Development Office and Saint Meinrad are key attributes.
Applications may be completed online or resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are now accepting applications online. Fill out your application or download a PDF version and mail it to us.