Oblate's Personal Rule of Life
When the Desert Fathers began the monastic tradition, they had
little to guide them, inasmuch as these first monks started the
tradition. In the sixth century, our Holy Father Benedict proposed
his holyRuleas a guide for monks. Today, the Rule of St.
Benedict continues to be a guide for monks and for
This Personal Rule of Life might also be helpful to Benedictine
Oblates of Saint Meinrad Archabbey seeking to keep the three
promises and five duties ever in their sight.
- Pray Morning and Evening Prayer daily.
- Practice lectio divina as a part of your daily
- Create space for silence in your life.
- Treat your family life and your daily work as your main
- Be a contributing member of your parish or church
- Treat physical objects and the environment with care and
- Serve others with consistent patience and care.
- Read from the Rule daily.
- Pray for vocations to Saint Meinrad Archabbey.
- Strive to visit Saint Meinrad Archabbey as often as you
- Engage in an annual personal evaluation of your own keeping of
the promises and duties.