GUEST HOUSE KITCHEN ATTENDANT
May 02, 2013
Saint Meinrad Archabbey has a full-time opening for a Guest
House Kitchen Attendant. This individual will usually work
from 9:00 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. on weekends or alternating weekends
and 2 to 3 days during the week. This person will also
in the main kitchen when needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Gathers prepared foods from the central kitchen and loads into
the van for delivery to Guest House.
- Sets up the serving lines with hot foods.
- Prepares and serves hot breakfast for groups, as
- Fills ice machine, milk dispensers, and beverage stations.
- Makes coffee and tea, and sets up salad bar and
- Serves the noon and evening meals.
- Serves as cashier and records sales for interdepartmental
- Maintains an adequate amount of food, cash, and supplies and
monitors their use.
- Communicates with co-workers on a daily basis to inform them of
Guest House guest count.
- Cleans hot carts, steam lines, counters, tables and chairs, and
all equipment in dining room and kitchen areas. Sweeps and mops
- Scrapes dishes; cleans dishes using dish machine; properly
stores dishes for next meal.
- Loads and returns food items to kitchen.
- Returns to main kitchen daily to assist as needed.
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have a professional appearance and hospitable attitude, as
you will be directly interacting with guests of Saint Meinrad.
- Must be able to work independently and have an ability to
relate well with others.
- Trainable to operate a cash register system, to accurately
record cash transactions.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math functions, and
follow detailed written instructions.
- Previous experience in food service preferred but not mandatory
- will train willing candidate.
- Medium physical requirements (i.e. lifting -- up to 50 pounds
-- pushing, pulling) and constant standing.
Apply at the Human Resources office (M-F 7-3) or
online. Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.