February 22, 2013
Saint Meinrad Archabbey has a full-time opening for a
Housekeeper. The typical week will be 40 hours, 8 hours per day.
Typical hours will be 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through
Friday. This schedule is subject to adjustment and will
include some evening and/or weekend work in an effort to
accommodate our arriving and departing guests.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The fundamental responsibility of a housekeeper is to keep Saint
Meinrad Archabbey property in a clean and orderly condition.
- Clean offices, health service clinic, conference rooms,
lounges, classrooms, restrooms, guest rooms, dining rooms,
- Clean all hallways, lobbies, entrances, courtyards, sidewalks,
dining rooms, elevators, stairways, windows, window sills, and
- Clean carpets, furniture, etc. using vacuum cleaners and/or
- Empty inside wastebaskets and recycling receptacles, as well as
outside trash barrels.
- Restock linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning
- Clean and wax floors using brooms, mops, and/or power scrubbing
and waxing machines.
- Clean and check all HVAC vents.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and
polishing as necessary.
- Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
- Perform other work as requested. May work in other areas within
Experience & Qualifications
- Must be able to work independently and have an ability to
relate well with others.
- Medium physical requirements (i.e. light lifting, pushing,
pulling) and constant standing/walking.
- Initiative and a quality focus are essential characteristics
for this position.
- Requires reading, writing, and basic math skills.
- Ability to operate housekeeping mechanical cleaning equipment
(scrubbers, burnishers, shampooers, etc.).
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Apply online.
- Apply in person at the Saint Meinrad Archabbey Human Resources
office, M-F 7-3.
- Email a resume to email@example.com.
- Mail a resume to Human Resources at 200 Hill Drive, St.
Meinrad, IN 47577.