DIRECTOR OF FOOD SERVICES
January 02, 2013
Saint Meinrad Archabbey has an immediate full-time, salaried
opening for Director of Food Services.
The Director is responsible for the overall operation of the
Archabbey kitchen, bakery, and related kitchen/dining room
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- This individual will make out all work schedules.
- He/she will oversee the purchase of all non-food inventory and
assist, as needed, with the ordering of food supplies.
- He/she will be present for execution of special functions as
directed by the Business Manager.
- Along with the Manager of Kitchen Operations, he/she will
resolve disciplinary problems and be proactive in the development
of the Food Service staff.
- In consultation with the Manager of Kitchen Operations, he/she
is responsible for all personnel additions/deletions in accordance
with established norms of Saint Meinrad Archabbey; is responsible
for developing and maintaining a six-week cycle menu, including
special diets (consultation with a registered dietitian is
expected); will prepare the annual budget; and will develop
policies, procedures, and projects as needed or assigned.
- He/she will represent Archabbey Food Service to internal and
external customers. He/she will assist customers in planning
special functions and assist in preparation of meals, especially
for special functions, whenever needed.
- He/she will be responsible for managing the Monastery
Refectory, including staffing, feast meal menu planning, and
maintaining stock of serving utensils and dinnerware.
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have an associate's degree or have completed a technical
program of over 18 months in a foodservice-related
- Must have proven ability to lead and manage people and possess
excellent organizational skills.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and skillful creativity
to solve problems and move the department forward.
- Requires a commitment to continuous improvement in all areas of
- Must possess advanced computer
- Apply in person at the Human Resources office (M-F 7-3 Central
- Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply online.
- Mail a resume to Saint Meinrad Archabbey, Human Resources
Dept., 200 Hill Drive, St. Meinrad, IN 47577.