Associate Director of Spiritual Formation
November 06, 2012
The Associate Director of Spiritual Formation must be a Roman
Catholic priest in good standing, either a diocesan or religious
priest. The Associate Director collaborates with the Director of
Spiritual Formation to carry out the Seminary's stated goals for
Spiritual Formation and those required by the Program of
Priestly Formation, fifth edition. He lives within the
Seminary community, taking part in its liturgical and social life
among other members of the formation staff.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Spiritual Direction for up to 20 seminarians no less than every
- Assistance with coordination of the annual retreat program for
- Implementation of the program for Spiritual Formation based on
the PPF and defined by Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of
- Preparation and presentation of biannual spiritual formation
- Consultation for ongoing recruitment and formation of spiritual
- Other reasonable responsibilities as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- Certification and experience in spiritual direction or a degree
in spirituality is preferred, but not required.
- Previous work in seminary formation is also preferred, but not
- Strong skills for working with a well-functioning formation
staff will be necessary.
- Dedication and commitment to carrying out the mission of Saint
Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology are key attributes.
Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology is seeking a
full-time, salaried Associate Director of Spiritual Formation.
Please pass along this notice to anyone who may be interested and
A cover letter, resume, and three references should be submitted
to: Fr. Joseph Moriarty, Director of Spiritual Formation, 200
Hill Dr., St. Meinrad, IN 47577, no later than March 1, 2013. This
information may also be emailed to: email@example.com.